web analytics

michele renée ledoux scratches the surface of human nature

Michele Renée Ledoux calls Colorado home, but she travels the world – her inner world and the literal world around her – coming home to create and share thoughtful artwork meant to reveal our inner truths.

Keeper of Secrets
mixed media, encaustic (beeswax + damar resin), recycled materials and found object framework

Soulmates

Four Old Souls, 3

Shapeshifter

Transformation

“Over the years, my creative process has been an ever-evolving and organic synthesis of techniques including: acrylic, photography, poetry, printmaking, encaustic (beeswax + damar resin) and the use of recycled materials with found object framework.”

Ledoux’s use of found wood and metal to frame the encaustic images adds history – timely for me as I get ready to reveal (later this week) how a group of DAM featured artists will add their work to a bit of East Coast history. . .

Michele Renee Ledoux’s website

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

14 Responses to michele renée ledoux scratches the surface of human nature

1. Daphne says:

I like her work. It is very interesting.

2. Caron says:

Wow – these are so unique and stunning – thanks for sharing!

3. Linda Post says:

At Paradise City Arts Festivals, we’ve been honored to showcase Michele’s work for several years. It just keeps getting better! She participated in both of our 2012 fall shows. There were more monotypes (which we also love) than usual at our November show, since she had such a successful year with the mixed media work. Check out her monotypes on her website.

4. Julia Fliss says:

It’s been a gift to watch Michele and her work evolve over the years. Each piece she creates is a testament to her amazing talent, her inspirited presence and her unwavering passion. In this way, she is more than “just an artist.” She is truly an inspiration and like many others who know her well, I’m sure that the best is yet to come…

5. Tina Stille says:

I have had the pleasure of Knowing Michele for over 18 years, and am so proud to own 20 pieces of her amazing artwork!
    It has been such a privilege to witness Michele’s work evolve and witness her journey!
    She is truly an inspiration to all!

6. Monika says:

Michele I look at you not only as a gifted artist but an inspiration and deep beautiful friend that I have had the pleasure of watching evolve over the last 12 years. It has been a joy to follow you through your quest to find beauty & joy in the most unique places, from treking the Sangre de Cristo’s to the Southwest, then taking the experiance from your heart & soul to create such cool art for us all to enjoy. I look forward to what’s ahead!

7. Susan Wallace says:

I have been an admirer of Michele’s work for years. Each time she releases a new collection, I am struck by her creativity and original ideas. There’s nothing ordinary about Michele’s art despite her depiction of common items in many of her pieces. I cherise the pieces I have hanging on my walls — from her earlier bright and bold work to her more recent subtle and serene perspective. Keep it coming!

8. Maureen Spiegleman says:

For more than a decade I have had the privilege and joy of watching Ms. Ladoux’s work evolve both with regards to the depth of the inner voice she shares with her public and her daring experimentation with technique. The first prints I saw were the Black Eyed Susan pieces. From there it was the beautiful photographs taken during her European travels that were enhanced with her thought provoking poetry. Her latest works which involve organic colors and solar exposure are show stoppers. What I think I admire most about her is her ability to compel an intimate response from those who view her work.

9. Michele is, above all, authentic. Her pieces are evocative offerings which carry an energetic frequency that is purposeful and intentional. I find her body of work to be a perpetual gift of inspiration. I have followed her work for almost two decades and witnessed her ever-evolving creative process which is fueled by dedication and her personal determination. It is fortunate for all of us that she seems to understand that there is something greater than herself that requires her to author, produce and share her own unique expression.

10. sean says:

Stunning work.

11. Maureen Ahern Mongeau says:

I feel very fortunate to have enjoyed many years of Michele’s work. I feel it has been a privilege to witness how her artistic expression has evolved over the years. Her ability to evoke an emotional response through her art and written expression is to be admired and enjoyed. Her art feels familiar, it will resonate with you and leave you immediately connected. I am proud to display her art work in my home and I am especially grateful to know such a kind hearted, accepting and creative individual as Michele. I look forward to the continued enjoyment of her work.

12. Chris says:

Michele is a very talented artist and special person. She is able to capture any moment by starting with just a very basic image. But, then she deepens that image and expands its meaning through her unique creative processes. She turns ordinary things into very beautiful statements, and that’s a real gift.

13. Amelia says:

For me, artists who inspire are those whose work either tells a story pull out a truth inside of me that I don’t know existed. Michele Ledoux’ art does both for me. There’s poignancy, authenticity, and depth to her work. To me, Michele’s work presents stories beyond the frame which have a sense of deeply rooted familiarity. It seems she’s tapping into something archetypal, as if she’s identifying and skillfully crafting and delivery universal truths. I have known Michele for years and it’s my sense that this is what inspires her artistry.

14. Joan E. Ledoux says:

Once you’ve seen Michele’s work, you don’t forget it! You are compelled to go close up and admire the intricate details that she has incorporated into every piece of artwork. It comes from her heart and soul and her work radiates that fact. When she’s taking a photo, she sees something that no one else sees. I know that, because as her mother, I used to stand right behind her and marvel at what she had zoomed in on.